Pulmonary Rehabilitation Training
Lung Foundation Australia’s comprehensive professional development training for exercise physiologists, physiotherapists and nurses explains the key elements of pulmonary rehabilitation and how to deliver a best-practice program.
The training includes both an online and practical component:
Online training course
Lung Foundation Australia’s interactive five hour online training is the theoretical pre-requisite for the practical training. It covers the pathophysiology of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and the key components of pulmonary rehabilitation. The online training can be completed independently.
Lung Foundation Australia’s full day face-to-face training covers practical information about providing pulmonary rehabilitation in Australia. The topics covered include:
- Australia and New Zealand Pulmonary Rehabilitation Guidelines in practice
- Equipment and location requirements
- Patient assessment, identifying key considerations and practical approaches to address limitations
- Safety precautions and risk management protocols
- Exercising testing considerations
- Exercise training and managing a breathless client
- Supplemental oxygen and medication considerations
- Patient education and self-management
CPD points are available.